How to Delete Books and PDF Files from iBooks
So you've read a book or PDF file on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Now how do you get rid of it? This tutorial shows you how to quickly and easily delete any book or PDF file from the iBooks app. It's a great way to free up space, because these files can take up precious space on your device, especially if they contain a lot of embedded pictures.
Here's how to delete book and PDF files from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch:
- From the iPad's home screen, tap iBooks to open it.
- Switch to the collection that contains the file you want to delete. To do so, tap Collections, and then tap a collection, as shown below.
- Tap the Edit button in the upper right corner, as shown below.
- Tap on the books and PDF files you want to delete. The items marked for deletion have checkmarks displayed on their icons, as shown below.
- Tap Delete to permanently erase the selected books and PDF files from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
- The alert shown below appears. Tap Delete. The books and PDF files you selected will be deleted.
- Tap the Done button in the upper right corner.
That's it! The books and PDF files you selected have been deleted from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
Meet Your Macinstructor
Matt Cone, the author of Master Your Mac, has been a Mac user for over 20 years. A former ghost writer for some of Apple's most notable instructors, Cone founded Macinstruct in 1999, a site with OS X tutorials that boasts hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month. You can email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.