Set Your iPhone's Clock to 24-Hour Time
Many people use a 24-hour clock, also known as "military time," to keep track of time. This system is the most commonly used time notation in the world today, and is the international standard notation for time of day. The 24-hour clock is especially popular in military and health care environments.
Here's how to set your iPhone's clock to 24-hour time (military time):
- From the iPhone's home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General. The window shown below appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Date & Time. The window shown below appears.
- Move the 24-Hour Time slider to the On position.
- Your iPhone will now display the 24-hour clock at the top of the screen and in the Clock application, as shown below.
Congratulations! Your iPhone is now displaying 24-hour time. If you ever want to disable 24-hour time and use 12-hour time again, simply move the 24-Hour Time slider to the Off position.
Meet Your Macinstructor
Matt Cone, the author of Master Your Mac, has been a Mac user for over 20 years. A former ghost writer for some of Apple's most notable instructors, Cone founded Macinstruct in 1999, a site with OS X tutorials that boasts hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month. You can email him at: email@example.com.