How to Disable iMessage on Your Mac
Matt Cone December 9, 2021 Tutorials Mac
iMessage is Apple’s end-to-end encrypted instant messaging service that you can use to send text messages, photos, and more to other people who own Apple devices. If you don’t want to use iMessage on your Mac, you can disable it.
Disabling iMessage will prevent you from sending and receiving iMessages on your Mac. Here’s how to disable iMessage on your Mac:
Open the Messages application on your Mac.
From the Messages menu, select Preferences. The window shown below appears.
Deselect the Enable Messages in iCloud checkbox and then click the Sign Out button.
iMessage has been disabled on your Mac. If you ever want to enable iMessage again in the future, just sign into iCloud in the Messages application and select the Enable Messages in iCloud checkbox.
- How to Sync iMessages Across Your Apple Devices
- How to Turn Off Read Receipts on your Mac
- How to Use Your Phone Number for iMessage on Your Mac
- How to Disable iMessage on Your iPad
- How to Disable iMessage on Your iPhone
- How to Disable iMessage for Your Phone Number
Subscribe to our email newsletter
Sign up and get Macinstruct's tutorials delivered to your inbox. No spam, promise!